Gotemba. My New Home

Finally! A rest! I have been so busy!

Gotemba is a small city to the east of Mt. Fuji. Population 90K. Direct 1.5hr trainline to Tokyo.  Main attractions are Japan's biggest outdoor shopping mall (mostly international/american brand names), a ferris wheel, Mt Fuji higher grade hike and I think the Japanese military have a base around here somewhere too. Some dairy farming and various industries scattered around

It's honestly a beauty of a placement.  Population is large enough that my anonymity doesn't completely disappear  but small enough that you can still build a connection with the community it seems.  It remains to be seen but so far I am stoked, couldn't have gotten much better!

My house itself is a LeoPalace appt which is standard issue for temporary accomm.  A self-contained 1 bedroom unit in a block.  Usually not far from a trainline.  It's in the edge of the southern half of the city so it backs up onto the mountain range and the start of the land where people have more land for private gardens and minifarms.  Great! I have no neighbours!

Anyways, ill stop rambling.  You're here for the pics.  My writing is a cheap commodity you can do without. Here ya go!



View from my back window.  Neighbours rice paddy & mountains.



On my street.  Spring time is gorgeous in Japan







5 minutes into the mountains from my house.  Proper farms these ones.  Nothing growing yet though



















Just around the corner - local water way



From my front door