My Birthday in Japan

I didn't go into my Bday expecting much given my parent's always forget to send me things, my sisters barely remember to send me an email and I didn't really know anyone here well enough to validate presents. So all-in-all I was positively surprised by the day.
The school sports carnival was on - so I went in on a Saturday to watch for a few hours. A few of the students and the teachers knew so they wished me happy birthday which was pretty cool.  The sports carnival itself was funny (ill tell you more about it later), and it was fun to see some of the students coming up and giving me high fives for being older haha.

Later on in the evening I was planning on going to the nearby city to go to an expat's function at a bar & introduce myself to a few random foreigners, but instead the school had a party to celebrate finishing the sports carnival and they invited me to that instead.

We went to an Izakaya and they surprised me by buying me a cake, singing me happy birthday and having a very fun evening with some good food and of course karaoke.


I also got a new car on Thursday and I bought myself a miniature cactus for $1.50, gave some chocolates to my neighbours as a feel-good and took some more fun shots of fuji on a gorgeous spring day.

Yay for 26!


Suzuki Lapin - super mini compact cutesy tin can of a vehicle brand new!






My new cactus friend :)



My new teachers bought me a cake! Wow so nice of them!



For those that can't read it's "Jay" in Katakana