Christmas in JP

Christmas in Japan is more of a festival time of year from the beginning of December til 25th. It's lights, decorations, and excuses for businesses to have sales.

But you wake up on Christmas day and nothing is different. People still go to work, there's no "merry Christmas!" or anything that would indicate that it is actually a different day to the norm.

I went to the shops and collected ingredients to cook dinner and dessert. I cooked fish on the grill and some prawns. some baked veggies and potato salad and some salad. OK I lie, Masako did most of the cooking to save me poisoning her family, but I did prepare and assembeld dessert.

Dessert was trifle. Was quite popular. They've never seen a dessert like it before so the family appreciated. Little candy santa on top obligatory cutesification for a Japanese christmas lol