The Wedding (After Party)

After a few hours there was an evening function. An After party if you will. The crowd was even younger - mainly just friends ages of the bride & groom. There was more alcohol and the food was served buffet style rather than individually bought out. Much more laid back & casual.

The bride & groom had another cake to eat & share and they still did some walks up & down the 'aisle'. Most of the time was actually for speeches & videos. They did play Bingo which was good practice for my Japanese numbers, and they played a guessing game where they had to guess the answers about their partners which was funny.







All in all it was a beautiful wedding. Good food, good pacing. The MC was very good & kept the thing moving at a good pace there was always something new to watch the whole day. Entertaining moments. I didn't understand much of what was being said as Masako couldn't really translate much for me but it was still fun. I did feel a little bit like the token white guy at the wedding, but at the after party it seemed a bit more relaxed. I get the feeling that quite a few people in Japan know a little English but rarely have the opportunity to speak & listen & practice so tend to shy away from trying. I know I can sometimes think I could construct a sentence with correct grammar, but since it it's too slow, or too clunky, I also sometimes shy away from saying it aloud, instead saying it in my head.
I learnt new traditions and Japanese iterations on western themes. I learnt some more about the drinking culture in Japan and how it stems from the hierarchy and authority culture and the importance of receiving their drink pour as a sign of respect.
It was a wedding that I was extremely happy to be a part of and thank Masako and her family for allowing me to watch in on. It was an opportunity not everyone has and I am glad I got to experience it with them.