Cya Toyohashi. Travel Re-initiating!

So the time has come. For me to leave Toyohashi and restart my travelling. It is not goodbye, but merely see you later I think. Masako and her family were amazing hosts and I got to experience such a traditional and special time of year and time of their lives. Eternally grateful, I only hope that one day I can offer the same hospitality.

My next stop is Ise. Since Toyohashi is about an hours drive from a peninsula, it made practical convenience to catch the ferry. Masako drove, and her brother and dad were kind enough to accompany me to see me off and to keep Mako company since she is notoriously unreliable at driving :P

The peninsula was quite pretty. The Morita family often used to come as kids so it was a bit of a nostalgic visit for them too.










Wave breakers are often found on nearly every beach.







Cape Irago as viewed from the ferry.


Take me to Ise please!

The hostel I stayed at is a really old Japanese building. Creaky and wheathered but beautiful. The owners were all really friendly, and surprisingly most from the area of Fukushima & Sendai. I wonder if they were forced out from the disaster? I wonder how it is now. I did not have the courage to ask, but I did realize the impact that disaster has will last forever. Never again will those people live in their homes. All places of memory as a child off limits forever. Even families not even in the area now forced to have all their produce and livelyhood scanned for radiation, and even then hoping beyond hope that someone will still buy their produce. The disaster runs far deeper that I think media, or the Japanese people let on.