Day trip to Nagoya

Masako had a party with her architecture friends so we decided to make a day of it and go see some things in Nagoya.

First up we went to the dome stadium. Then the AEON shopping centre. We tried to organize a phone. Found a good option but they needed an address registered to my visa which sucked.

Went to a different area to try and have lunch. Was a shopping area around a temple. Lots of food and shopping. Masako knew of a little restaurant of steam-boat. We got there and unfortunately it was closed for the new years days. Near such a famous temple it should have been open but missed out.
We tried 'authentic' napoli pizza because it had a massive line for some reason. It was fairly basic just neapolitania. We were still hungry after so walked past a "brazilian" chicken place which smelt really good. Ordered some snack chicken but it was pretty much just normal fried chicken. No unique spices or anything which was bit of a shame.

Walked around for a bit longer. It was raining the whole day so it kind of ruled out a few options. We bought an umbrella and went to the Nagoya port area. A ferris wheel and aquarium and a garden to check of the checklist. The port looked cool but so much rain.

I went shopping while Masako went to her party. Nagoya has a huge underground and above ground shopping area. I was trying to find some better shoes since the ones i was wearing were soaked through & not really walking suitable esp in winter weather. The shoe shop I was about to get something closed before I could decide so missed out on that too.
I also went shopping for a down jacket. Sports shop type so that it is light, easily compactable, and waterproofed shell. Didn't find what I was looking for before the shops closed. I did manage to get a few new (dry) socks and some more thermal wear.

I had ramen again for dinner. I felt comfortable ordering and sitting down. First few days in Japan it's quite intimidating going into a shop. Ramen at least was fine.

Read my kindle for a while whilst I waited for Masako at a starbucks before jumping on the train home.
Only to find very few taxis and a huge line. Windy cold too.

All in all, not the most successful day.


Central tower had a cool lake thing as the roof of a building.



Drab weather.



Aeon shopping centres are big.







Ice skating rink set up in OASIS 21 building.