Cat Cafe & Retro Metro Hostel

There is such a huge variety of places to stay in Tokyo.  So far I'd just gone to the well-advertised megaliths of hostels.  They were highly westernised, large fast and dirty processing facilities of travellers that had as much charm as the bottom of a shoe.  I missed that homely feeling that Japanese living can give.  I found myself wishing I could go meet  Japanese  people again.  They were more polite, clean and hospitable.  So I looked around and found Retro Metro which was only 14 beds and opened last year.  What do ya know! Just what I was looking for.

The owners become part of the travellers, sit down & chat to you and even join in on food.  The  people become better friends too.

I met James & Hugh & Masaki as newfound mates & we did a few things around town together.  Such a cool part of travelling.

Cat Cafe's are quite popular in Tokyo.  I guess people can't afford a pet in their appt so they come here during lunch or something.  I get the feeling a few are strays but they're clean so its still ok.

Masaki put together Sukiyaki & Udon and we all chipped in.  Soo delicious.



Fresh strawberry wrapped in uncaramelized soft toffee.  AMAZING!  The berry bursts through all the chewy sweetness *drooool*



SUKIYAKI PARTY!







$550 meal when going to the cat cafe



Next day Udon using leftover sukiyaki










Haha cute.  Half of these cats are strays I swear