MONO - LIVE

So after a night of questionable enjoyment, I found on Couch surfing a guy who was into the same music as me and was headed to a local gig of "MONO".  MONO are a Japanese post-rock band (like sigur ros).  I love these guys! I bought tix straight away and met him at the venue.
He was from Indonesia and had come over to Japan to try and see how things worked with a girl he met on holiday in India.  They both spoke limited english and it was all horribly romantic and crazy.  I hope it works out for him!  He was a chef at the Burj Al-arab famous hotel in Dubai so was very good.  He also decided to teach himself english only a year ago and was already extremely fluent.  The guy had passion about what he applied himself to and it was cool and inspiring to see.

The venue was quite small and we were quite close to the front.  The band blew my expectations.  Goosebumps multiple times.  No smoking indoors too! Had a blast.

Photos taken with phone camera so pretty shitty but hey, the story is there right :)